Airsoft under 18

Här är inga frågor för dumma! God ton och artighet gäller, kan du inte vara trevlig så behöver du inte skriva här.
tysonsw

Re: Airsoft under 18

Inlägg av tysonsw »

I can find numerous cases just by googling "Soft air gun rättegång".
But since the media mostly likes to print issues where someone will be sent to court, and not if there is a ruling, then it is usually quite hard to track down.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

livewire

Inlägg av livewire »

But most of the stuff that comes up with a quick google is about robbery,rapes and general being a dick with a air-soft weapon or minorities using one without the correct supervision which isn't what my discussion here is really about.

My point is from the beginning is that the law makes concessions and as long as they're followed then you aren't breaking the law and there isn't anywhere where in the current legislation that states that is it is illegal for a individual under 18 years of age to use a air-soft weapon or partake in a air-soft game which certain individuals on the forum have insinuated with "enligt svensk lag så måste du vara över 18 år för att få delta i airsoftspel" it just isn't correct. Also to call the local plod and check with them beforehand and see what the score is in the local area as it varies so much.
Native Swinglish speaker, I swing both ways!

tysonsw

Inlägg av tysonsw »

From the Police webpage:
"Luftvapen, Paintball, Soft air gun och övriga vapen
Effektbegränsade vapen drivs oftast med kolsyra, luft eller fjäder. Projektilen kan vara en metall- eller plastkula, en pil eller en färgampull.

Under 18 år
Du som är under 18 år får aldrig använda ett luftvapen utan uppsikt av en vuxen person som kan ingripa om något händer. Detta gäller även inom privat område. I särskilda fall kan du få licens för den här typen av vapen.

Över 18 år
Du som fyllt 18 år får använda effektbegränsade luft- och fjädervapen utan licens."

Then I can find this regarding the Swedish Weapon Law 1996:69 §2.1:
1 § Tillstånd krävs för att
a) inneha skjutvapen eller ammunition,
b) driva handel med skjutvapen,
c) yrkesmässigt ta emot skjutvapen för reparation eller översyn, eller
d) föra in skjutvapen eller ammunition till Sverige.
Tillstånd krävs inte för den som har fyllt arton år om vapnet har en begränsad effekt i förhållande till andra jämförliga skjutvapen (effektbegränsade vapen) och vapnet är
1. ett kolsyre-, luft- eller fjädervapen eller ett vapen med ett annat liknande utskjutningsmedel och är avsett för målskjutning, eller
2. ett harpunvapen."

Which basically means that if you are under 18 years old then you must have an license to use the gun outside of direct adult supervision.

livewire

Inlägg av livewire »

Ok then you have missed all written before mate :D , I haven't said it’s OK for a -18 to use an air-soft weapon on their own without direct adult supervision, anything but, if the supervision demand is met then it’s OK is it not ?. For example if my son and I, who is under -18 go out and play, be it alone or with other individuals (of course with their approval as well) as long as I am there and can react and take control, then there is no conflict with the legislation ? All the criteria are filled and met, and that is my point, that it isn't illegal for a -18 to partake in an air-soft games or use an air-soft weapon that certain individuals here misinform.

tysonsw

Inlägg av tysonsw »

The biggest problem is that you lose direct supervision as long as the person that is under 18 is outside of your reach. As long as the person walks around an corner in cqb, when climbing over an boulder in the woods, in every situation that require more agility or or movement and you as an supervisor is out of reach then it is illegal.
For example pined down during a firefight.

The only time really that you can closely guarantee controll is to have an remote switch that disables the gun at a flick of a switch. Or have the minor in an leach no longer then 1 meter.

livewire

Inlägg av livewire »

I get what you mean and obviously there are will be demands that have to be met if one did this, but trust me it’s easy to stay in close contact with an individual if you really need to , I have helped run live firing exercises with live rounds in the past :D, also the area would have to match the demands of the playing style and the supervision know they're there to supervise first and play second, but again this isn't really what my point is about, mostly the sole fact that it’s not point blank illegal for a -18 to partake in airsoft if you could meet all the above issue that you spoke of

dariantel

Inlägg av dariantel »

Nej grimsas har inte haft några som hälst problem med minderåriga eller lagen. Anledningen att det är 18 års gräns just nu är främst på grund utav markägarna som vi hyr mark utav. Men beror på vilken bana vi använder även.
Absolut inga problem med lagen dock.
Grimsas största del är dock inte öppna airsoftspel utan oftast grupper som hyr in sig för att spela. Då använder vi ej de stora banorna.

And in english, Grimsas have no problem at al with the law, we have 18 year limit now becous of the owner of the area that we are renting. But we have several areas where we play. Grimsas bigest part is not open airsoft games, it is teambuilding and groups that rent equipment and areas.

Så istället för att sprida rykten som inte är sanna så kan ni fråga. Grimsas mail och telefonnummer är fritt för alla.

livewire

Inlägg av livewire »

Thanks for the input Nils

Bild

HellfireATM

Inlägg av HellfireATM »

So I was indeed mistaken then, my apologies.

And livewire, sorry, that wasnt meant as a personal attack. I was pretty tired when I typed that up and I ended up with the wrong wording. It was aimed at OP because too many young hotbloods are a bit too eager to get started. Whatsoever it sounded really douchey. What I wanted to say was, that we well understand the desire to play, but that one shouldnt let that desire cloud the judgement.

About the cases, I did read a few (think it was 3, jonathans was one of them) but it was a long while back now and frankly, Im too lazy to find them again.

But yeah, as already has been said, it is technically possible but only under very special circumstances, and experience has tought us that those who promise to play under such circumstances very rarely keep their word. Hence the general dislike for it.

I, for one, arrange GAU (a 2 weekend introduction to airsoft for beginners) annually and last year I got a bunch of angry emails from upset parents that we were "teaching kids to kill" because we allowed participants down to the age of 15.
Lagets lilla gearwhore.

Spelsugen i Uppland?

Användarvisningsbild
Twist
Sysop
Lag / förening: Disposable Heroes
Aktiv sedan: 2001

Inlägg av Twist »

Anledningen till att vissa föreningar/banor kan arrangera spel med minderåriga med polisens goda minne är att polisen kan utfärda ett tillstånd som tillåter det. Detta står klart och tydligt i lagen. Det betyder alltså INTE att det är fritt fram generellt utan ENDAST med polistillstånd.' Att det sker utan tillstånd utan att polisen ingriper betyder heller inte att det är lagligt. Det betyder bara att polisen inte har ingripit. Än.

Gissningsvis får enstaka personer inte något sådant tillstånd. De tillstånd jag känner till har utfärdats till föreningar.
:ugeek: Sysop
:geek: Backend Dev

Skriv svar